Discount mulberry hotel new york Outlet Beware of overloaded electrical outlets and CO poisoning
In an effort to help everyone have a safe holiday season, the Calgary Fire Department is cautioning Calgarians about overloaded electrical outlets, which are more prevalent this time of year, and about carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.
When the weather gets cold, cars need to be plugged in and some indoor rooms might require extra warmth with space heaters. Add to that Christmas lights and more extension cords and the result could be overloaded outlets, which could lead to an electrical fire.
worn out cords to too many appliances that emit heat there are several reasons why we recommend everyone keep a close eye on electrical outlets and on the appliances being plugged in over the holidays and during the winter, said Carol Henke, Public Information Officer,
Calgary Fire Department.
the winter we typically see an increase in CO calls related to blocked exhausts and fresh air intakes, which cause carbon monoxide to build up in homes, said Henke. most people are alerted to the problem by their carbon monoxide alarm. The symptoms of CO poisoning include dizziness, vomiting, headache, burning eyes and loss of muscle control. To prevent CO exposure in your home, ensure all fuel burning appliances are properly installed and maintained according to the manufacturer instructions. The Calgary Fire Department also recommends installing and maintaining a working CO alarm, which sounds an alert when CO builds up in a home.