Discount new mulberry bag Outlet New plan to get guns away from Indianapolis kids
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. As the number of kids involved in violence continues to rise in Indianapolis, there is a new plan in place to keep our young people safe.
Just last week, a 15 year old was found shot to death on the west side. Wednesday night, Mayor Joe Hogsett (D) brought that story up as a way to highlight the pressing need to do more to keep our kids safe. And he says it begins with getting young people’s help to get guns off the streets.
“They see somebody with a firearm and they want to do something about it,
we want to make sure they understand and they know there’s an outlet for them to give this information,” said Dubois.
Currently, a tip leading to a felony arrest involving a gun nets a tipster $500. The new plan would pay the $250 difference, funded through an upcoming donation to Crime Stoppers.
In the coming weeks, Crime Stoppers will have a contest to name the program as well as getting local kids to submit artwork that will be used in the program’s upcoming advertising campaign.